Now during this Christmas season-we all need more time for cooking and baking goodies for our loved ones. Thus, this is made with love and very quickly! I hope you get yourself in a good Christmas southern style mood and try it out!
*Pie Shell-I made from scratch this time, for the first time! But all the other previous times I used a 9-inch unbaked ready to bake vanilla crust. Graham is okay-but try to stick with the vanilla if it's available.
Okay. Ready? Set. Here!
Kentucky Derbie Pie Recipe:
9-inch Pie Shell (from scratch or Vanilla crust pre-made)
Chopped Pecans-1 cup
Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips- 1 cup
Eggs-2 that are beaten
Vanilla extract-1 tsp
1) Melt butter in microwave for 15 seconds, let it cool
2) Mix Sugar & flour, with melted butter & beaten eggs in a large bowl
3) Add everything else
4) Mix it thoroughly with a flat utensil so that it's gooey for about 2-4 minutes
5) Pour into unbaked pie shell
6) Bake on 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes
*Pie Shell Recipe:
Sugar- 2 tsp
Vanilla- 1 tsp
Cold butter-8 tbsp ot 1 stick cut into pieces
Iced water-4-6 tbsp
1) Flour, salt, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl mixed with fingers for 5 minutes
2) Drizzle 4 tbsp of iced water until dough is set
3) Shape dough with hands on a countertop, into a flat disc and place in pie pan.
4) Cover with plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes
5) Use with this pie recipe